Sarah Blank Design Studio custom builds spaces in your home specific to your needs, tastes, and lifestyle. We usually begin with the kitchen, but we optimize all parts of your home, including the primary bedroom and bath, family and media rooms, pantry, back of house, and more. We have decades of experience, working closely with our clients to create interiors they love.
Full-Service Work Includes
• Design Consult
• Architect or designer coordination
• Layout preparations and approval
• Plans, schedules, construction documents
• Selection, sourcing, and ordering of appliances, fixtures, hardware, lighting, and other finishes
• Cabinets and countertops customized to your space
• Precision millwork
• Coordination with trade professionals
Our Design Process
1. Consult: Our first goal is to understand your wants for your home—current and future needs, ideal layout, budget, and day-to-day use.
2. Preparation: Once retained we begin with careful measurement of the space. If there are architectural plans, we work from them.
3. Context: We need to measure not only the space we are working on, but surrounding areas: flow and function are important considerations.
4. Inventory: Knowing what our clients already own and frequently use helps to shape our understanding of individual lifestyles and needs. That informs everything from storage solutions to appliance selection.
5. Design: Based on gathered information and discussions, we work up two or three plans and review recommended options with you.
6. Plan: Once the outline of a plan is in place, we do the necessary work to get the working plan in order, refine it, and finalize it.
7. Order: With the plan approved and in place, we put in for the appliances, millwork, lighting, hardware, stools, and other soft goods.
8. Build: Construction drawings specify outlet locations, appliance specs, ceiling plans, lighting design, interior fittings, materials, and finishes.
9. Supervise: We provide project supervision to ensure specs are being followed and the space is being built out on time and according to plan.
10. Staging: Once the space is complete, we unpack your belongings, put them in the spaces built for them and conduct a final walkthrough.