January 4, 2014
Six Things I Cannot Live Without
- My family: My husband Charles and my son David.
- Teatro Olimpica, the last design by Italian Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio. The Trompe l’Oeil onstage scenery designed by Vincenzo Scamozzi is incredible to me. The stage set gives the impression of long streets descending into the horizon. I could sit there for hours. Talk about an exquisite back stage!
- Visiting the Veneto region of Italy and taking in all the Palladian Villas and enjoying la Brenta!
- Monticello, Thomas Jefferson’s home in Charlottesville, Virginia, was the inspiration for my old Studio. The study of proportion and the classical tradition has brought me such enrichment. I LOVE being entrenched in historical grandeur.
- The architecture of Fairfax and Sammons. Richard Sammons has been my mentor for years. His knowledge of the classical tradition has inspired me to study, understand, and create designs that are timeless and beautiful.
6. My dogs.
What are the six things you can’t live without?
Sarah Blank Design Studio is a high-end architectural design firm that specializes in high-end kitchens, butler’s pantries, libraries, and master bedrooms, bath suites. The firm works predominantly in Fairfield County and Westchester County. Our award winning firm, with 33 years of experience, often works beyond the kitchens and baths of a clients home, and designs the architectural interiors for many of the projects that have been commissioned.